Tour Of The Universe Restarts On June 8th In Leipzig
The official news came in today regarding Dave’s health and the interrupted ‘Tour Of The Universe’. Here is the official announcement.
Depeche Mode are pleased to announce they will restart their interrupted ‘Tour Of The Universe’ in Leipzig, Germany on June 8th. On May 12th, lead singer Dave Gahan suffered a severe bout of gastroenteritis, leading to his hospitalization and the cancellation of the Athens concert. While in hospital, further medical tests revealed a low-grade malignant tumour in Dave’s bladder, which has since been successfully removed. At doctors’ orders Dave Gahan must take a break until June 8th, to ensure that he makes a full recovery. The Leipzig show on June 8th will be the first concert following Dave’s recovery.
Dave Gahan sincerely thanks his fans for their support, understanding and patience. Depeche Mode deeply regret any problems or inconveniences the cancellations and postponements may have caused.
AFFECTED UPCOMING SHOWS
May 30th | London O2 is postponed and will be rescheduled to a new date, which will be announced shortly. Tickets purchased will remain valid.
May 31st | Depeche Mode’s performance at the Pinkpop Festival in Landgraaf is cancelled.
June 2nd | The show at the HSH Nordbank Arena in Hamburg will now take place on July 1st. Tickets purchased remain valid.
June 4th & 5th | The shows at Dusseldorf LTU Arena on June 4th and 5th will be rescheduled, however the exact dates cannot be determined until the 2nd Bundesliga releases its new schedule. Dates for the rescheduled shows are expected to be announced by early July. Ticket holders should retain their tickets for the rescheduled shows.
June 7th & 8th | Regrettably, the June 7th show in Leipzig must be cancelled due to doctors’ orders, however the June 8th show will occur as planned. Tickets for the cancelled June 7th show may be exchanged for tickets to either the June 8th show in Leipzig or the June 10th show in Berlin (availability permitting) at the relevant box office.
July 2nd | Bergen, Koengen has been rescheduled to Thursday, January 28th, 2010 at the Vestlandhallen.
SHOWS TAKING PLACE AS ORIGINALLY PLANNED
The following European shows are not affected and will take place as originally planned.
- June 8th LEIPZIG Zentralstadion
- June 10th BERLIN Olympiastadion
- June 12th FRANKFURT Commerzbank Arena
- June 13th MUNICH Olympiastadion
- June 16th ROME Stadio Olimpico
- June 18th MILAN Stadio San Siro
- June 20th WERCHTER TW Classic Festival
- June 22nd BRATISLAVA Inter Stadium
- June 23rd BUDAPEST Puskas Ferenc Stadium
- June 25th PRAGUE Slavia Stadium
- June 27th PARIS Stade de France
- June 28th NANCY Zenith Amphitheatre
- June 30th COPENHAGEN Parken Stadium
- July 1st HAMBURG (rescheduled show)
- July 3rd ARVIKA Arvika Festival
- July 6th CARCASSONNE Esplanade Gambetta
- July 8th VALLADOLID Jose Zorilla Stadium
- July 9th BILBAO BBK Live Festival
- July 11th PORTO Super Bock Super Rock Festival
- July 12th SEVILLE Olimpic Stadium
Furthermore, all dates following Seville on the ‘Tour Of The Universe’ will proceed as originally planned.
CANCELLED SHOWS STILL TO BE DETERMINED
Ticket holders for the previously cancelled shows listed below are encouraged to hold on to their tickets pending a further statement. Every effort continues to be made to reschedule these shows and more time is needed to resolve venue availability and routing. A final decision is expected early next week, at which time a statement will be made with regards to either a rescheduled date or final cancellation.
- May 12th ATHENS Terra Vibe
- May 14th ISTANBUL Santral Istanbul
- May 16th BUCHAREST Parc Izvor
- May 18th SOFIA Vasil Levski
- May 20th BELGRADE USCE Park
- May 21st ZAGREB Arena
- May 23rd WARSAW Gwardia Stadium
- May 25th RIGA Skonto Stadium
- May 27th VILNIUS Zalgirio Stadionas
Source: depeche mode dot com